Since santalucía is undergoing a process of transformation and internationalization, Language training was always going to be key to bringing santalucía’s transformation plan to fruition and in ensuring the group’s ongoing expansion and internationalization in the long term.
Right now our biggest challenges are linked to transformation. Not just digital transformation, which is high on everyone’s agenda, but also cultural transformation.
In the words of Fernando Rodríguez: “Right now our biggest challenges are linked to transformation. Not just digital transformation, which is high on everyone’s agenda, but also cultural transformation. santalucía is a one hundred year old company with deep cultural roots and we must improve our training offer to ensure that all our teams acquire the skills and abilities needed to compete in an increasingly complicated environment in which digital skills play a decisive role.”
The key challenges of this training initiative were as follows:
- Digitizing and modernizing language training at the Group, moving away from traditional classroom-based teaching.
- Centralizing training in a global service provider.
- Standardizing training across all offices. Constructing a global English training program to gain a clear and consistent picture of the program’s performance at each location.
- Offering flexible training to increase employee participation and learner engagement.
- Providing state of the art online and virtual training that is easily accessible from any device and any location.